Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Brookings Institute

Yesterday. I had the opportunity to watch a program on CNBC offered by the Brookings Institute on "Alternative Energy and how the nation should handle it.
As you know, Brookings is a non-profit public profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and is one of Washington's oldest think tanks. Their stated mission is to "provide innovative and practical recommendations that advance three broad goals: stregnthen American Democracy, foster the economic and social welfare, Security and opportunity of all Americans and; secure a more open, safe, prosperous and cooperative international system. They claim to be non-partisan.

PSHAW! WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL THOSE CLAIMS ARE. AND YES,...I AM SHOUTING!

Allow me to share with you what I heard. First, the reccomendation that: the gasoline tax should be increased by at least $1.00 more that it now is, and/or that our auto insurance companies should insure our vehicles by the mile. So much per mile so that the further you drive the more your insurance will cost you.
This is supposed to discourage unnecessary driving and conserve energy.

These comments from the mouth of: Jason Bordoff. Does that stike you as "fostering the economic and social welfare" of it's citizens? Does it stregnthen American Democracy? I think NOT! So I would say to Mr. Jason Bordoff,...your fired because you are full of shit. ( I wonder what his pay scale is???)

Another of the "gentlemen" that I place in the same category is: Mr. David Sandilow.
Oh, my,...he is cute and he crosses his legs and uncrosses his legs frequently and with a much practiced air,...but, his commentary is just as scewed. I apologize for not quoting some of his remarks but he said so much and in such a little space of time that I would be afraid of mis-quoting him. You will have to take my word for it that his remarks did NOT favor the citizens of this country but rather favored big business. AND KERMIT DOES NOT LIE!

The transcript of the program is probably available and worth the time.
If you do that I would appreciate your input as I'm sure I missed much of the negative remarks against the populace of this country. In the meantime there is NO RELIEF in sight for the high gas prices and congress is dancing around the issue without any intention of addressing the problems, real and imagined.

Good night and God Bless!

No comments: